Sunday, March 5, 2023

FIRST DAY FILMING

    Today was the first day of many! This weekend I wanted to start filming so that I would have enough time to edit or if I needed to reshoot anything I would have enough time to do so. I definitely wanted to finish filming this weekend but due to me having any characters and a variety of locations it sadly wasn't possible. Thankfully my friends who are going to be in my film opening are willing to shoot during the week, which is so amazing. I wanted to tell you guys a few things about what I learned during filming this weekend. The first thing I primarily learned was that it's okay to make mistakes while filming and to have patients, a lot of it. Since my friends aren't anything close to real actors it took a lot of tries to get the perfect shot. We also laughed a lot. But the great thing about me doing this with my friend is that I can have fun all while doing something that I really enjoy and putting my creativity out there. Something else that I learned that is very essential is to be prepared for anything wrong that could happen. For example,  in my storyboard, I had put that I wanted one of the opening shots to be Juliana riding a bike. You're never going to guess what happened when I went to get my bicycle.... the tires were flat!!! At that moment I didn't know what to do because I really needed that first shot because it is essential to the whole film opening. Thankfully my dad let me borrow his shooter which had yellow assents on the wheel, which I honestly never had seen before till today, and everything worked out really well. Working with many people at the same time can also be very stressful because of not being able to control everything. What happened was that I had one of the characters at my house but the other one who was in the same scene wasn't and the sun was going down. My solution was to shoot everything of the character that was in my house and then the other character came right in time before the sun went away and we were able to do everything. Anyways here are some pictures of me filming today. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Review

Thank you so much for following me on this journey! My CCR is linked below. Creative Critical Review 1:  CCR1 Creative Critical Review2:  CCR2