Saturday, February 18, 2023

The Big Boom

    Coming up with what I want to show in my film opening is very crucial because there are so many elements I could show in just a little time frame. I feel that the best way to go is to make the main character Alesia narrate the beginning to introduce all of the characters and their different talents and aspects. Giving the audience an insight into what the characteristics of the character are can give them a chance to start making assumptions about who has committed the murder. I want the last part of my film opening to be the moment when they all find out that Alesia has been murdered. I can establish this by gathering various shots and different angles in various locations of her friends and her boyfriend finding out she has been murdered with a message from Alesia's mom. This will give the audience a sense of urgency. 

    Doing research about mystery-thriller movies I found that many times filmmakers use a variety of techniques to make the characters uneasy in order to keep viewers interested. These same techniques also make the audience worried since viewers can empathize with the characters and their circumstances. In fact, many times they will add a time limit as a way to enforce suspense. I want to use this method to always keep the audience on their toes and make sure they feel as if they are also part of the crime and the movie. I also found that in almost every mystery movie there is always some sort of main detective or person who really wants to solve the mystery. In my film opening, I want that all the characters be the ones who will be investigating the crime even if they were the ones to do it. Lastly, I wanted to announce that the name of my film opening will be RED. The reason why I choose this title was due to the significance of Alesia's name and the representation of her color scheme. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Review

Thank you so much for following me on this journey! My CCR is linked below. Creative Critical Review 1:  CCR1 Creative Critical Review2:  CCR2